Physiotherapy at Movement Perfected
Our Physiotherapists have excellent manual and exercise skills. Movement Perfected promotes the highest levels of practicem and a wide range of treatment techniques. The team is recognised as health care providers for all major health insurance companies. All our Physiotherapists are HPCP registered and Chartered Society of Physiotherapist Members. As a practice we are recognised by Physio First, providing regular research data to the University of Brighton to validate our care.
Treatment with us will provide you;
- Diagnosis of the problem
- Treatment plan outlining the goals and expectations
- Treatment from the first session, clear explanations. We use programs, myphysiorehab and phydeo because they ensure clear explanations
- Onward referral details if needed. Our Physiotherapists are very expereneced and know what can and what cannot be treated by Physiotherapy. If an onward referral is needed for a Scan or to a GP or Consultant they will provide all the information required, making the healthcare a smooth process, and ensuring you are getting the best evidence-based treatment.
Physiotherapy treatment Techniques
- Soft tissue Mobilisation
- Joint Mobilisation and Manipulation
- Electrotherapy, U/s and Compex Machine
- Biomechanical Analysis, gait, running technique and postural, using the Dorsivi Sensors
- Exercise Therapy
- Clinical Pilates, Machine and Mat
- Pilates Classes
- Yoga Classes
We are always happy to talk, if you have any questions give us a call or contact us here
Areas we treat
Your Physiotherapist will assess your movement dysfunction, looking at balance at your shoulder joint, and look at how you move, postural assessment to provide clinically relevant treatment on the first session. You will leave with a clear plan for what to do next. Most shoulder injuries need Physiotherapy, time and do not need an onward referral. Common shoulder conditions we treat;
- Rotator cuff tear
- Rotator cuff tendonitis
- Frozen Shoulder
Physiothearpy is prooven first line of treatment for all of these and more.
The most common condition our Physiotherapists treat is lower back pain. Treatment includes full postural assessment, movement analysis and testing of each spinal segment. This enables us to provide a comprehensive treatment plan to address movement patterns and lifestyle factors that have contributed. Common conditions include;
- degenerative disc,
- facet joint pain,
- Scoliosis (leading to secondary complications),
- postural overload/muscle overstrain
Hip pain can come from the back or from within the hip. It can be due to nerve tissue, joint issues or muscles. Our Physiotherapist will carry out special tests to help identify the cause and provide treatment to deal with the issues. Common conditions include;
- Hip Fracture
- Hip replacement
- Hip Impingement
- Hip Bursitis
- Groin Injury
Knee pain can be caused by wear and tear, traumatic injury and or overuse. It’s a magical joint transferring force and enabling walking, running, jumping all of which we take for granted until something goes wrong. Our Physiotherapy team, carry out special tests to diagnose your injury and provide detailed treatment and plans to help you recover quickly. Common Knee conditions we treat;
- Meniscus/cartilage tear
- Ligament rupture, ACL, PCL, MCL, LCL
- Patella maltracking
- Iliotibial band pain (ITB)
Foot and Ankle problems, can be caused by wear and tear, traumatic injury and or overuse.
Elbow pain can be caused by wear and tear, traumatic injury and or overuse.
Hand and wrist issues can be caused by traumatic injury and or overuse.